Doctoral Program in Mining Engineering
Mining Engineering Doctoral Program of FTTM – ITB is a program that studies mining and metallurgical sciences and engineering to meet the need for experts in mining and metallurgical sectors. The Mining Engineering Doctoral Program seeks to:
- Carrying out quality and excellent education, research and community service at the Doctoral level for the growth of ITB, the mining industry across Indonesia, as well as the nation.
- Producing Doctoral graduates who have good academic abilities and professional attitudes as well as broad insight according to the options or expertise fields they are concerned with, namely: Earth Resource Exploration, Geomechanics, Mineral and Coal Management and Economics, Mining Environmental Management, and Mineral and Metallurgical Engineering.
- Developing, transferring, producing and disseminating the mining and metallurgical engineering science and technology for the prosperity and welfare of society.
Basically, the core of mining engineering science covers the science and technology of mineral and coal mining and their utilization into products that have added value in an effective, efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
The curriculum structure of the Mining Engineering Doctoral Program is developed in such a way as to produce human resources who can contribute optimally to the development of mining sector in Indonesia.
The dissertation research covers the following topics: genetic models of mineral deposits; environmental models of coal deposition; characterization and modeling of the kinetics of fracture forming in coal; hydrogeochemical modeling; evaluation of mineral resources and reserves; mineral conservation; optimization of underground mine drainage design and operation systems; rock engineering and geomechanics; development of a mine hydrogeological model; mineral and metallurgical engineering; modeling of corrosion parameters at high temperatures; high entropy refractory alloy design; evaluation of parameters in the coal gasification process.
Laboratory facilities (resource sharing with undergraduate program) include:
- Laboratory of Mine Environmental
- Laboratory of Exploration Techniques and Evaluation of Mineral Materials
- Laboratory of Mineralogy, Microscopy, and Geochemistry
- Laboratory of Hydrogeology and Hydrogeochemistry
- Laboratory of Geomechanics and Mining Equipment
- Laboratory of Mine Planning and Valuation
- Laboratory of Mineral Economics and Computation