- Mining Industry
- Coal : PT. Bukit Asam Coal Mine, PT. Kaltim Prima Coal, PT. Arutmin Indonesia, PT. Adaro Indonesia, PT. Berau Coal, PT. Tanito Harum, BHP, etc.
- Copper/Gold : PT. Aneka Tambang, PT. Freeport Indonesia, PT. Nusa Halmahera Minerals PT. J resources, PT. Indo Muro Kencana, PT. Amman Minerals, etc
- Nickel : PT. Aneka Tambang (Pomalaa), PT. Vale Indonesia, etc.\
- Geothermal : PT. Geo Dipa Energi, PT. StarEnergy.
- Tin : PT. Tin Mine etc.
- Iron Sand : PT. Various Mines (Cilacap), etc.
- Industrial Minerals : Companies that produce commodities: kaolin, phosphate, granite, marble, gypsum, clay, feldspar, bentonite, quartz, limestone, zeolite, trass, barite, andesite, sirtu, sand, sulfur.
- Other Industries
- Contractor/Heavy Equipment : PT. Thiess Indonesia, PT. United Tractors, PT. Pamapersada Nusantara, PT. Trakindo Utama, PT. Cipta Kridatama, etc.
- Cement : PT. Semen Cibinong, PT. Semen Gresik, PT. Indocement, PT. Semen Padang, etc.
- Power Generation Company
- General Services/Consulting : PT. Geoservices PT. Intertek Utama Service, etc
- Banking, Stock Exchange
- Mining Consultant
- Lecturer, Researcher (BRIN, Industrial R & D, etc.)
After graduation, there are various attractive career prospects to choose for our alumni in national or foreign oil companies such as Pertamina, Medco, CNOOC SES, Exxon, Chevron, Total E&P, and BP. Government positions are also an option, such as in BP MIGAS or the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. Additionally, petroleum experts are needed in the banking and insurance sectors as risk analysts for credit and claims related to oil and gas exploitation activities. For those interested in the academic field, there are opportunities to apply for scholarships in our PE’s graduate program and at foreign universities to pursue further studies domestically or abroad and become researchers or lecturers. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, many of our alumni start their businesses in the oil and gas industry after gaining work experience in other companies or even education, food, and beverages. Moreover, the connection between the Petroleum Engineering Program at ITB and its alumni is strong, with many alumni supporting the program, making it a robust TM program.
Of course, studying in TM at ITB will open up vast opportunities for your future career. So, prepare yourself to delve into the energy world and play a vital role in Indonesia’s oil and gas industry!
- Government Agencies :
- LIPI (Research Center for Geotechnology, Research Center for Applied Physics)
- BMKG (Meteorological, Climatological, and Geophysical Agency)
- Lemigas (Center for Research and Technological Development of Oil and Gas)
- The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (Directorate of Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation, Directorate of Mineral Resources Inventory, Center of Geological Research and Development)
- Ministry of Public Works
- Aneka Tambang
- Company :
Field exploration, exploitation, data acquisition, geophysical data processing, consultants, etc. in some companies such as:
- Caltex Pacific Indonesia
- Elnusa Geosciences
- Medco Energy
- British Petroleum
- PT Freeport
- PT Geoservices.
MG-ITB graduates are expected to have independent professional profiles namely “graduates who can be trusted, able to work together as a team, and can compete globally in managing, processing and utilizing minerals and coal, as well as engineering, controlling degradation and recycling of metals and their alloys through process that is effective, efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly to improve the welfare of the nation.”
Metallurgical Engineering alumni have worked in various fields of work such as in the mining industry (PT. Freeport, PT. Aneka Tambang, PT. Newmont Nusa Tenggara, PT. Kaltim Prima Coal, PT. Berau Coal, cement industry), steel industry (PT. Krakatau Steel/Posco), metal extraction industry (PT. VALE, PT. Aneka Tambang, PT. Timah, PT. INALUM, PT. Smelting), manufacturing, oil and gas industry (PT. PERTAMINA, PT. Halliburton), consulting services company , marketing, government (tekMIRA), research institutes (BRIN), and universities (ITSB, ITERA).
Government Agencies :
- PSDMBP (Pusat Sumber Daya Mineral, Batubara, dan Panas Bumi)
- BRIN (Badan Riset dan Inovasi Nasional)
- BPPT (Badan Pengkajian dan Penerapan Teknologi)
- KESDM (Kementerian Energi dan Sumber Daya Mineral Republik Indonesia)
Lecturers & Researchers :
- UPN Veteran Yogyakarta
- Universitas Pertamina
- Politeknik Negeri Sriwijaya
- Ametis institute
- Universitas Muhammadiyah
- University of Electro-Communications
- UIN Jakarta
- University of Strasbourg
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Tohoku University
- Kyoto University
State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) & Company:
- PT Geo Dipa Energi
- PT Supreme Energy
- PLN Indonesia Power
- PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy
- PT Star Energy Geothermal
- Chevron Geothermal Indonesia
- ORMAT Technologies Inc.
- KS Orka
- Sarulla Operation Ltd.
- Thermochem Indonesia
- PT Dian Swastatika Sentosa Tbk.
- Medco Cahaya Geothermal
- PT Rigsis Energi Indonesia
- PT Energi Mega Persada
- PT Sucofindo
- Rekayasa Industri
- PT Sumbawa Timur Mining
- PT Elnusa Tbk.
- PT Sustraco Adikreasi