Doctoral Program in Geophysical Engineering
This program aims to provide a balanced education in the following areas:
- Geophysical theory and methods including the quantification of error and resolution.
- Problem definition, characteristics of an acceptable scientific solution, and an understanding of the effort required to reach an acceptable solution
- The interrelationship of geophysics with other scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Oral and written technical communication.
- Project management and team work.
To achieve the above educational objectives, the students are exposed to classroom teaching and laboratory work instructions, thesis research, seminars, field trips, preparation of proposals and papers, presentations at professional meetings, short term work assignments on sponsored projects, and interaction with a wide variety of faculty, research staff, other students, and off campus scientists and engineers.